Shipbuilding and construction
Our law firm provides a specialist and comprehensive service to clients engaged in high value shipbuilding and in shipping and offshore projects.
Shipbuilding is the business of designing and construction of ships and other floating vessels. It typically takes place in a specialised facility known as a shipyards. Shipbuilders, also called shipwrights.
As a leading Tunisian maritime law firm, we provide a specialist and comprehensive service to clients engaged in high value shipbuilding and in shipping and offshore projects. We are positioned to act for both shipyards and owners/buyers and advise both on the drafting and negotiation of newbuilding construction contracts and in the resolution of disputes arising under them.
We are also positioned to provide assistance to shipowners, builders, oil companies, oil and gas contractors, financiers and insurers through all phases of projects including corporate structures, design, negotiation of contracts, financing, delivery, installation, operations and decommissioning. We advise those engaged in converting and repairing ships and offshore structures (whether as builders or buyers).
Our shipping practices include finance, corporate, tax and real estate practices, which enables us to provide a full service for major shipping clients.
Our shipbuilding legal services include:
- Negotiating contract terms.
- Drafting standard contracts for building.
- Immediate specialist advice on urgent issues.
- Financing, leasing and tax.
- Dispute resolution and litigation.
- Competition law.
- Corporate and Joint Ventures.
We can provide you with straightforward advice on all aspects of asset financing and shipbuilding including:
- Ship finance and leasing transactions.
- Corporate structures for ship ownership and joint ventures.
- Complex structured and syndicated financings.
- Ship sale and purchase.
- Ship construction.
- Ship and mortgage registration.
- Work outs on defaulting loans and new buildings.
We are well positioned to serve lenders and borrowers, banks and shipowners, buying or financing all types of ships – tankers, bulk carriers, container vessels, offshore drilling rigs and production units and other specialist vessels.
Where economic influences have an impact on your existing financing, we can advise you on restructuring or refinancing projects. We can help you if you need to restructure your debt. We are present to help you to evaluate your potential risks and liabilities.
Our goal is to minimise your risk exposure during transactions and to achieve the best result for your business.
Our areas of expertise include :
- Debt and equity financing.
- Financing of second-hand vessels and sale and purchase work.
- Flagging issues.
- Commercial, technical or management and agency agreements.
- Joint venture agreements and special projects.
- Acquisition and investment in shipping companies.
Our professionals offer also full-service commercial and financial legal advice in connection with a wide array of transactions, including:
- Commercial loans.
- Private debt and equity placements.
- Joint ventures.
- Labor agreements.
- Lease finance transactions for vessels, oil rigs, and other equipment.
- Mergers and acquisitions.
- Operating and management agreements.
- Ship construction contracts.
- Ship mortgage loan financing.
- Ship purchase and sale agreements.
- Tax and regulatory issues.
We can also help you with:
- Oil and Gas
- Submarine Telecoms and projects
- Regulatory Compliance
- Commercial Shipping
- Shipping Contracts