Freight or cargo claims are legal demands by a shipper or consignee to a carrier for financial reimbursement for a loss or damage of a shipment. Cargo claims are also known as shipping claims, freight claims, transportation claims, or loss and damage claims.
The marine transportation of cargo and goods involves a number of legal issues and liability questions in the event of cargo loss, damage or non-delivery. If you are involved with a cargo loss or damage dispute, you require the guidance of experienced shipping lawyers.
Our cargo claims practice is provided to both the shipping and insurance sectors. We advise on all intermodal issues, from commercial contracts, conditions of business and insurance policy drafting to risk and crisis management.
Our cargo legal services include :
- Cargo claims.
- Cargo insurance.
- Cargo recoveries.
- Freight forwarders.
- Policy issues for liability insurers and for operators.
- Contractual disputes.
- Advice on conditions of trading and general business advice to the freight industry.
- Commodities disputes.
- Charter parties and bills of lading disputes.
- Salvage and general average.
- Customs disputes.
- Dispute resolution (litigation, Arbitration, GAFTA and FOSFA arbitration and ADR).
Our cargo claims services are intended also to port and terminal operators:
- International Shipping lines.
- Transport and logistics companies.
- Supply chain managers.
- Commodities trading companies.
- Banks and financial institutions.
- Insurance providers.
We can also help you with: