Leasing and asset finance
Asset finance / financing is an act made by a company pledging a security interest in some asset in order to obtain cash. We are well respected in the industry for our advice on marine asset finance.
Ships, yachts and super yachts are significant capital assets. We are positioned to provide you with legal opinions as to on all aspects of asset finance and shipbuilding issues in maritime sector. Whether you are a buyer, builder, operator or financer, you will need expert legal advice on your rights and liabilities. We can provide you with straightforward advice on all aspects of asset financing and shipbuilding including:
- Ship finance and leasing transactions including asset finance.
- Corporate structures for ship ownership and joint ventures.
- Complex structured and syndicated financings.
- Ship sale and purchase.
- Ship construction.
- Ship and mortgage registration.
- Work outs on defaulting loans and new buildings.
We are well positioned to serve lenders and borrowers, banks and ship owners, buying or financing all types of ships – tankers, bulk carriers, container vessels, offshore drilling rigs and production units and other specialist vessels. Where economic influences have an impact on your existing financing, we can advise you on restructuring or refinancing projects. We can help you if you need to restructure your debt. We are present to help you to evaluate your potential risks and liabilities.
Our goal is to minimise your risk exposure during transactions and to achieve the best result for your business. Our areas of expertise include:
- Debt and equity financing.
- Financing of second-hand vessels and sale and purchase work.
- Asset finance.
- Flagging issues.
- Commercial, technical or management and agency agreements.
- Joint venture agreements and special projects.
- Acquisition and investment in shipping companies worldwide.
Our professionals offer also full-service commercial and financial legal advice in connection with a wide array of transactions, including:
- Commercial loans.
- Private debt and equity placements.
- Joint ventures.
- Labor agreements.
- Lease finance transactions for vessels, oil rigs, and other equipment.
- Mergers and acquisitions.
- Operating and management agreements.
- Ship construction contracts.
- Ship mortgage loan financing.
- Ship purchase and sale agreements.
- Tax and regulatory issues.
The shipping finance team advises on all non-contentious legal aspects of shipping, in particular:
- Loan and security and other financing/investment documentation (including asset finance).
- Ship acquisition and disposal.
- Shipbuilding contracts and related documents.
Clients are primarily ship owners and financial institutions, but also include ship managers, shipbuilders, brokers and other intermediaries. We are well respected in the industry for our advice on:
- Structured and tax-based finance, including leases.
- Charters (including hire purchase) and other operational and commercial arrangements.
- Joint venture agreements.
- Credit enhancement.
- Vessel registration and ownership structures.
- Workouts and enforcement of mortgages and other ship-related security.
- Shipping aspects of corporate mergers and acquisitions and privatizations.
We can also help you with:
- Corporate and Shipping finance
- Corporate Restructuring
- Islamic finance
- Oil and Gas
- Submarine Telecoms and projects
- Regulatory Compliance
- Commercial Shipping
- Shipping Contracts