Oil and Gas
We act for clients involved in the maritime sector, including shipowners, marine insurers and companies providing logistics services to the sector, particularly in the marine offshore oil and gas industry.
We provide a comprehensive service to the service sector of the offshore oil and gas industry across all legal disciplines, with our day to day involvement ensuring that we understand the particular issues that arise in these industries.
Our specialist team focuses on the different requirements of offshore oil and gas service companies including advising on mergers & acquisition, joint ventures and private equity.
Straight Talk in Oil and Gas Transactions
Our firm is well positioned to represent clients in the energy industry. As counselors to domestic and international oil and gas corporations, we use our experience in all facets of the oil and gas industry to guide a range of clients including:
- Independent producers.
- International oil companies and national oil companies.
- Energy services companies.
- Financial institutions.
- Transportation and pipeline companies.
Our practice extends to oil and gas acreage, asset and entity acquisitions, and transactions involving exploration, production, development and transportation. We have an in-depth understanding of the issues facing our clients in large, complex onshore and offshore oil and gas ventures.
In connection with our oil and gas advice, we provide legal advice in:
- Corporate and operational oil and gas.
- Pipeline and Storage Representation.
- Liquid natural gas.
The firm advises also clients on issues involving environmental, tax, real estate, corporate/partnership, securities, antitrust, maritime, bankruptcy, litigation, international, and labor matters.
Whether an acquisition involves a single asset or an entire integrated oil and gas company, our firm offers complete and strategic representation. Working with local counsel as necessary, our lawyers assist in all phases of the acquisition process including:
- Finalizing details of deal structure, transfer of title, tax, lien priority and securities compliance
- Negotiating and drafting transaction documents.
- Ensuring that due diligence, title, contract issues, environmental assessments, and regulatory review are properly completed.
- Obtaining third-party consents and waivers, such as consents to assign and preferential purchase rights.
We have an in-depth understanding in a broad range of oil and gas assets, property, and entity acquisitions, and exploration, production, development and transportation transactions. In connection with our oil and gas practice, the firm also provides environmental, tax, real estate, corporate/partnership, securities, antitrust, maritime, bankruptcy, litigation, international and labor advice and support with respect to issues which may arise in the course of an oil and gas transaction.
The firm represents lenders, underwriters and borrowers on all types of oil and gas financing transactions. We advise clients on lien and security issues unique to oil and gas property investments and help structure a variety of investment and financing vehicles including:
- Asset monetization/securitization.
- Equipment financing/leasing.
- Master limited partnerships.
- Mezzanine financing.
- Net profit interests.
- Production payment financing.
- Reserve-based financing.
- Royalty trusts.
- Structured financing.
Corporate and operational oil and Gas
Our lawyers have an in-depth understanding of how the energy industry works. Clients benefit from our practical perspective and integrated approach on all aspects of exploration, production, development and operation of oil and gas properties.
From the initial seismic and exploration activities through product marketing, refining and storage, clients seek our guidance on all aspects of the oil and gas industry including:
- Contracts and Agreements: Negotiating and drafting exploration and production concessions, seismic licenses, drilling contracts, participation agreements, pooling and unitization agreements, joint operating agreements, master service agreements, and site access agreements.
- Interest Payments: Structuring overriding royalty interest, net profits interest and production payment arrangements.
- Production Agreements: Preparing arrangements for oil and gas gathering, transportation, shipping, treating, processing and production handling.
- Storage Facilities: Developing reservoir and salt dome storage facilities and arranging for product storage.
- Agreements and Sales: Documenting natural gas, crude oil and petroleum product sales agreements, swap agreements, hedge agreements and other derivatives.
- Risk Mitigation: Providing project structuring advice and addressing indemnity, insurance and risk management issues.
We can also help you with:
- Shipbuilding and construction
- Submarine Telecoms and projects
- Regulatory Compliance
- Commercial Shipping
- Shipping Contracts